Saturday, January 23, 2010

Plastic Thread Boa



Here is another piece from 'trash day'. The original material is the plastic yellow box binding wrapper strips...? You can see from the top picture that I started to strip the plastic to get a really weird fuzzy fiber. I then crocheted long lengths with an 11 hook and then doubled them up to make a choker. I also added some pieces of safety glass but not enough for them to be noticed [didn't have time]. I underestimated the time it would take me to crochet plastic thread. I would really like to make this HUGE and not so tight around the neck so the connections I made aren't permanent though I kind of like the clasp I threw together. I'm still not sure about the color; I was thinking of turning it black but everyone liked the yellow...then I was thinking maybe I could figure out a way to dye it and then I was thinking if I got the fiber small enough maybe I could spin it into new thread...but I don't know how to spin very well so...

No comments:

Post a Comment