Monday, January 10, 2011

Diamond and Ring Screen print

final layer of grey [adds background and shading]:
third layer of yellow [makes it a total of six colors: red, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple]:

second layer of blue complete [and upside down]:
beginning of second layer of blue [you can see the size of my stencil 3 diamonds tall by 2 and 1/2 diamonds across]:
first layer/screen of red:
a 2 1/2 yard print on cotton. stencils created with rubylith and printed in procion dyes of varying percentages to create different colors when overlapped. This was my second ever screen print and first time using rubylith plus I'd never ever mixed colors before so the colors don't vary much from the actual dyes available [yellow, red, blue] but the grey was my accomplishment. My favorite layer is the first and second combined and I wish I hadn't done the last layer because it makes it all muddled. but that's why I have the stencils so I can do this again...on silk...and make jacket liners with it [!!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment