Sunday, October 3, 2010

George Speake Gives You God

A little sample for my Franken Fabrics class [we destroy fabric to make new fabric]. I burned the cloud things with a heat gun on polyester then heat transfered a xerox transparency onto the fabric then rusted some lines throughout the clouds and then embroidered the holes created by the heat gun with some gold thread. I think it'd make a great poster if I scanned it...The transfer didn't turn out too well because I get so bored with ironing. I can't take it. I was thinking it would be nice if I ended up embroidering the image of him in gray scale. It was also suggested that this become a sculptural piece instead of just a wall hanging which I like [light box maybe?]. It's hung up right now in the textiles department so maybe a better picture later.

George Speake was a "preacher-scientist" and proved the existence of god through science experiments. He would stand on top of a transformer coil with thimbles on his fingers and have the electricity run through his body. I love national geographic.

No comments:

Post a Comment