Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rice Paper


So I have a rice cooker and I realized that it creates this crusty, scabby, skin film after it is done cooking. It initially creeped me out and I am still not sure if it is supposed to be doing that but I decided to make 'paper' out of it on my night of card making for my storytelling/bookmaking class, which just happens to be one of the best classes I have ever taken because we sit down for 6 hours and make things [we are required to make/draw/find 5 'cards' every week as a sort of homework]. I had known ahead of time that rice paper isn't called rice paper because it is made of rice but because of the specific ethnicity that produces it, so I thought it was funny to actually make paper out of actual rice. I couldn't decide which picture I liked better and since I'm learning photoshop I just stuck them together [one probably would have sufficed]. I love the more metallicness of the abstract of the first and how in the second you can see every detail and it feels warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment