Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Slide Projector Slide Projector Mine Mine Mine




I lied when I said I would wait a week to go to Urban Ore and almost peed myself over all the beautiful equipment they have in, including slide projectors! [They also had an enormous collection of beautiful enlargers and typewriters...Urban Ore makes me wish I had a car...and money...and floor space...] I was so excited I immediately had to get one. The problem was actually finding a functional one. I ended up finding one that had most of its parts in place, although I think it is missing a lens or something that helps to make the picture bigger. It only focuses at a certain point which is only a depressing 2 feet from the wall, but as of right now I am too excited about it. It is one that slides like a cartridge not a carousel which, unfortunately, means a lot less slots to fill. It has a remote which focuses the lens but does not retract the slides themselves, although it does reverse/forward the order though if pressed and slid out manually.
I would have liked to have gotten a carousel projector but the most functional looking one was a 3 prong setting and could not be tested. I might just have to go back. The thought of carrying 2 projectors back onto public transit [along with 2 giant glass bottles that used to hold hypoclear and fixer and a huge file index of the loneliest postcards ever written...soon to be posted] had been too daunting. I got it for $16, though I probably could have gotten it for less if I hadn't been so excited. I also acquired a small box of slides from someone's 1998 trip to the Alps.
So far my idea to double up on the slides to get a new image has been working...sort of...I end up shooting slides across the room or losing them inside the projector. I would also love to try and distort the actual projection more [wall surface wise] and maybe even set about to destroying the slides themselves. Everything is always a work in progress...
ps. I bought the slide projector Saturday and am only now posting this...

No comments:

Post a Comment