Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Draw Your Sensitivity



I wasn't incredibly happy with this project...but I think it's an interesting idea anyway. I have no feeling in the tip of my left pointer finger from an oh so tragic meeting with a drill and a jagged piece of nickel in the jewelry studio last year and I have realized that I am always rubbing it when I'm thinking about a project...why not let other people feel the same way? I miraculously found the exact tube tamponish bandaging they used for my finger at the hospital [after I had waited 6 hours to get a needle dug into the wound to make sure there was no metal in it besides the needle of course...and was in hysterics over the fact that the women next to me had called an ambulance from dennys to pick her up because she was having trouble breathing because she smoked pot...and her last name was butts...also first time hospital lessons: head wounds should be treated immediately or they tend to fall over with only me to notice them sprawled out in the corner...so rub their sternum with your knuckles to wake them up...blue painters tape holds your severed fingers on your hand...just say that you have trouble breathing and you will be seen to immediately...save your vicodin] ok giant sidenote aside I found a huge roll of the tube bandage [which apparently can fit a small childs head as well?] and made tiny finger puppets and put needles in the pads or overpadded them. The more needles the less it hurts but people were intimidated anyway...I later added a book of transfer paper for people to draw with the finger tubes. I also punched some things in braille in the acetate but I can't remember what they say anymore. The bandaid box was a perfect fit...but I still dont like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment