Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Rapunzel Rapunzel




Hair pills? Yes, please. For my bookmaking final I decided to make it easier for people with trichophagia [mental illness where you pluck out your hair-which is called trichotillomania and eat it]. Rapunzel syndrome is when the hair collects in your stomach and felts together [because hair is too smooth to be digested]. I thought it was funny. I do need a drill though because hot glue just isn't cutting it anymore, though it worked for the ladder project [which inspired this structure]. I have been challenged by my classmates and Nance [I don't think I've mentioned her name yet for some reason...Nance O'banion...I want to make her my crazy fun wand waving great aunt who secretly hands me things like boxes and paper] to create either a diptych or triptych of boxes to reference each stage of the disease [with definitions please] because they didn't know of the disease in the first place and didn't get the reference. I just thought all weird strange illnesses were common knowledge...nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment